Sea Life Birmingham

08:19 Amy 4 Comments


This week I visited the National Sea Life Centre Birmingham, making the most of my four day weekend and to spend some quality time with the boyfriend.



Now we have been to quite a few Sea Life Centres, normally if we are away near the coast and there's one nearby for something to go and see. Myself and my boyfriend are big fans of fish anyway and I also get to see some cute penguins! They spent all of their time underwater on our visit. Almost like they were synchronised swimming.

We followed the route and I like the way everything is separated into sections clearly marking what is in each area. We went on a Bank holiday so it was very busy but they did limit the amount of people by offering time slots of bookings which I thought was a very good idea to keep it flowing well when inside.


In terms of eating there isn't a great deal to chose from, there are vending machines spread around to purchase bottled drinks. But I think this is due to the fact the centre itself is surrounded by many different restaurants



For the new Spongebob movie release they had a Spongebob hunt for the children to find and collect different stamps as they explored Sea life. Being an adult and a couple we didn't really take much notice of spotting all the characters but it was a nice idea and perfect for entertaining children if you have any.

The price for an adult is £20.95 We were lucky to have a half price of admission voucher valid for up to five people which we used so always have a look online for special offers before you go.

Overall It was a nice day out, but it only took us about an hour and a half to see the whole centre which was a little bit of a disappointment for the price of admission. In terms of size birmingham isn't the biggest centre so maybe next time we will see if there are any bigger centres to go to.

Have you got any thoughts of Sea life?
Amy




4 comments:

  1. Aww cute penguins! I went to the Sea Life centre in Sydney in October. The manta rays fascinate me with their little faces
    x GNAR MOSH x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow about the one in Sydney is amazing!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love penguins, they look so cute! I haven't been to a Sea Life centre for ages but this post is making me want to visit one again xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Sea Life centre's I find it all so fascinating
      xx

      Delete